As Principal Contractor we managed all trades, whether direct or sub-contract, for the entirety of this project
Demolition and new build extension
Demolish ASDA Adel's existing cafe, toilets and landscaped area to make way for a modern new store extension. Complete all groundworks needed in order to construct and install the new steel structure extension that will house the new cafe, toilets and store concessions. Ensure the correct drainage solutions are installed as well as new pathways for customers to use. Act as Principal contractor to manage all trade workers, whether direct or sub-contract.
- Demolish concession shops, cafe area and customer toilets
- Remove asbestos
- Crush demo rubble to create the infill structure materials for substructure/groundworks
- Level grounds for new extension
- Oversee all groundworks
- Construct and install new steel structure store extension
- Install drainage solutions
- Construct new customer pathways
- Establish new concrete sub-floor and screeding
- Install new signage
This project was challenging throughout as most of the demolition and groundwork took place during the winter months, within a live environment and with restrictions caused by the COVID pandemic. Still, we managed to complete the project on time and on budget. Acting as Principal Contractor we oversaw all the demolition, groundwork and foundation work needed for ASDA Adel's new extension. We then worked with direct and sub-contract trade workers to construct the large new extension that houses concession stores stores such as Timpsons, a cafe and customer toilets.