Fast-track conversion of a dilapidated 3 storey building into a modern office environment
Phase 1-16 weeks, Phase 2-11 weeks
Carry out and oversee the phase 1 and phase 2 refurbishment of a dilapidated 3 storey building into a modern office environment for ASDA. Make use of concurrent multi-floor working to ensure the full project is delivered with 16 weeks. Strip out the existing medical facilities, contaminated waste and asbestos and install office spaces, toilet facilities and staff rooms on all 3 floors. Ensure drainage works, electrics and other utilities are all installed and in good working use. Strip and relay the roof to ensure the building is water tight and install external escape routes for all floors to comply with building regulations.
- 3 storey office refurbishment
- Strip-out of contaminated waste materials and pipework
- Demolition of old medical facility
- Asbestos removal
- Design and installation of mechanics and electrics
- Installation of new glazing on all floors
- New office spaces, toilet facilities and breakout rooms on each floor
- New front entrance constructed
- New cafe on ground floor
- Relay of the roof
- Drainage works installed
- External means of escape installed for all 3 floors
We converted Britannia House, which used to house medical facilities, into a contemporary office space for ASDA. We carried out a full strip-out of the original premises, removed all toxic waste materials and oversaw the refurbishment and fit-out of all 3 levels of the building. The resulting office space is bright, modern and in-keeping with ASDA's branding. The building now boasts a welcoming cafe area on the ground floor, as well as several offices, meeting rooms and boardrooms. This scheme was delivered on a fast track schedule, achieved through careful programming and concurrent multi-floor working.