This was a very sensitive scheme owing to the history of the building
Conversion of public house
Convert Snodland's historic pub, The Bull, into a Co-op store complete with a 230m2 new build extension to the rear. Oversee and manage the entire conversion and retail fit-out, whilst being sympathetic to the history of the building. Take into consideration the special planning requirements needed to complete the build and manage local publicity accordingly.
- Excavation in order to ‘depress’ the new building into the existing levels to minimise its aesthetic impact
- Delicate and sympathetic choice of external finishes
- Roof designed to compliment the surrounding area
- Fill of the complete basement area
- Extensive temporary work to provide propping of the existing structure
- Engineering solutions to synchronise temporary steel work
- Engineering solutions to synchronise installation of the permanent structural solution
- A full renovation of the pub’s external envelope
- Provision of HGV grade car parking for both customer and goods delivery
This was a very complex project due to the age of the original building, however we completed the conversion, extension and fit-out project within our allotted 28 weeks. The new Co-op store in Snodland covers nearly 7,000 sq ft and is now a well-presented convenience store that provides a range of facilities for local residents.