A close working relationship with our client and a constructive approach to addressing challenges were key factors to the success of this project.
New build energy generation plant
Take on all design & build elements of ENER-G's new energy generation plant project. Develop the design with close liaison from pre-construction teams to ensure a high quality, cost-effective and safe delivery of the project. Work with partner company HBPW to develop the civil and structural design of the build. Closely liaise with 3 neighbouring businesses and agree access across 3rd party land to prevent logistic issues.
- Architectural and engineering design development
- Liaise with neighbouring businesses to gain access to the land locked site
- Oversee the ground remediation process
- Carry out substructure and foundation work
- Install structural slabs over existing mine workings
- Oversee all structural framework, brickwork, roofing and cladding
- Carry out internal finishes
- Install new sub-station and transformer base
- Put in place external hard standings and drainage
- Install plinths and bases for flues and external radiators
This was a technically challenging design and build project, however, we still managed to complete the scheme within the allotted timeframe of 43 weeks. This project required close liaison and communication with 3 neighbouring businesses that surrounded the site. We worked closely with all 3 businesses to agree access across 3rd party land. This, together with a close working relationship with our client and a constructive approach to addressing challenges as they arose, were key factors to the success of this project. In the end we produced a new energy generation plant that will allow ENER-G to further the rollout of their power-generation and energy-saving schemes.