Morrisons' Preston store underwent a huge refurbishment that included building a new entrance/exit to help with customer circulation
Store Extension and Refurbishment
Reconfigure the front of the store and create the space for a new customer entrance/exit by opening the store up into the produce aisle. To do this, structural alterations and demolitions will need to be made. Ensure customer access is maintained throughout the project, so consider a phased construction approach. Carry out refurbishments to the cafe, community room, staff area and customer toilets to complete the project.
- New extension to make space for new customer entrance and cafe area
- Full customer toilet refurbishment
- Construct new pharmacy area
- Realign bulkheads along checkout mall
- Install new ‘Oven Fresh’ and deli preps
- Reconfigure and refurbish other departments areas to match new styling
- Install new decorations both internally and externally
- Refurbish store office suites and staff areas
- Resurface car park area
- Carry out external landscaping
In order to create the space to open into the produce aisle, structural alterations and demolitions were undertaken to reconfigure the front of the store. Due to the ground conditions, foundations for the superstructure steel extension had to be piled. A structural glazed front was added to the new entrance area to give the store a fresh, modern look. In order to maintain customer access to the store, the extension was constructed in 2 phases. During this project the full shop floor, customer toilets, office areas, and staff room were also refurbished according to Morrisons' new styling guide. The project was completed on time, on budget, and trading was maintained throughout.