Health and Safety Policy Statement
The company aims to maintain high health and safety standards and full compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and all other relevant statutory provisions. The company is committed to improving performance in health and safety and is also committed to health promotion by encouraging the adoption of healthier lifestyles by its employees.
The HB Group will provide all necessary information, training and supervision to ensure the implementation of the Policy. Facilities are in place for consultation on any aspect of safety and health at work between Management and employees at all levels and other persons not directly employed by the Company.
- Ensuring that all employees whether management, staff, supervisors or other employees know and understand their responsibilities in respect of health and safety matters.
- Making arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances.
- Making adequate arrangements for the regular assessments of work activities in order to identify associated hazards and control the risk arising.
- Providing adequate welfare facilities for the employees of the Company.
- Maintaining records to allow health and safety performance to be measured and where possible improved.
- Ensuring the maintenance of any workplace, under the control of the Company, is in a condition that is safe and without risk to health and the provision and maintenance of means of access to and egress from it are safe and without risk.
- Showing a visible management commitment and involvement in maintaining high standards of health and safety performance and the promotion of a positive health and safety culture throughout the Company.
- Ensuring that adequate financial resources are made available to implement the necessary control systems.
All employees can make a valid contribution to achieving successful health and safety management and each employee must co-operate with the company to enable all statutory duties to be complied with. Employees have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Managing Directors Ed Beck & Paul Waugh, are ultimately responsible for health and safety throughout the company. As this policy is part of the normal management function, it is the duty of the management and employees at all levels to co-operate in achieving its aims.
This statement will be displayed prominently at all sites and head office. The organisation and arrangements for implementing the policy will be issued to all employees and a full copy of the policy will be held at The HB Group Head Office for reference by any employee as required. We require all employees to conduct their duties in accordance with our Policy and in doing so; reflect the individual and corporate professionalism that is the keystone of our continuing improvement and success as a company.
This policy will be reviewed annually or when current legislation demands.
Ed Beck, Joint Managing Director
Date Issued: 21 February 2023
Review Date: February 2024