Our multi-disciplined team has the skills and expertise to fulfil a number of the roles required under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, including that of Principal Designer.
As Principal Designer, we take control of the pre-construction phase of a project, liaise with Designers and Principal Contractors to ensure health and safety is considered at the design stage.
Our Principal Designer services include:
- Reviewing existing site and survey information
- Assisting in the development of the initial brief
- Planning, managing and monitoring the co-ordination of the pre-construction phase
- Helping clients identify, obtain and collect pre-construction information
- Providing pre-construction information to Designers, Principal Contractor and Contractors
- Co-ordinating significant health and safety issues with the design team through to resolution
- Ensuring that Designers (for both permanent and temporary works) co-operate with each other and comply with CDM 2015
- Liaising with the Principal Contractor for the duration of our appointment
- Agreeing a format and compiling the statutory health and safety file for formal handover at project completion
- Communicating our progress and raising awareness of potential health and safety issues
Are you planning your next project?
We’d love to chat through your ideas.